Monday, August 29, 2011

2 Single Story 2011

"Danger of a Single Story"
1. What does it mean to have a "Single Story" a place or community? To have a "Single Story" is to have an opinion or thought about an area, without knowing all there is to know about this area. Like saying a biased opinion about the place.Describe a single story you have heard told about your community. What is missing from that story? How could people learn more about that community?A story that I once heard about my community, which is East Austin. The story I heard I knew was a stereotype. I knew it was a stereotype because the person that told me this story said that East Austin was full of people who don't have jobs and are poor also that all the teens are gang bangers. What was missing is that the girl was being dumb because she didn't think that she lived in East Austin. Also because not everyone in East Austin is poor and not all teens are gang bangers.Describe a single story you have heard about another community. How did you learn that story? How could you find out more about that community? A single story about another place is in the North side of Austin there's nothing but white people and people who are rich and are stuck up. I learned this story because my aunt told me it and when I was little my grandfather had a lot of money and he lived in the North. I could find out more about this community by going and visiting more.How could a game let players experience many stories about a place or community? I think a game can make people or help people experience it as it is . It should't be bias or have any stereotypes in it. I think someone from that point of view should make that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment